Novicap is a Fintech focused on becoming the category leader in end-to-end working capital solutions for SMEs and public administrations. We have always been at the forefront of innovation in the financial sector, developing multiple technology-based solutions for Invoice Discounting, Factoring, Confirming and Dynamic Discounting that allow companies to optimize and finance their working capital in a dynamic way.
With offices in Barcelona and Madrid, we are one of the fastest growing fintech startups in Europe. Amazing, isn’t it?
We are currently looking for Software Engineers who want to join our team. You will help us in building and maintaining our core platform, from ideation to deployment and beyond 🚀. This is a place where everybody has a voice and we love to hear it, so you will be able to share your ideas and opinions from day one.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading! 🤓
What will you do?
As said, you will join us as a Software Engineer to help us with our platform. We are growing at a fast pace and we also want to build new features and new products? You will have the opportunity to be involved in a lot of things.
In your first month you will land in the company and the team, getting to know the people and the way we work. Onboarding is important for us, so we will make sure you have everything you need to start rocking it!
In three months you will be part of the Tech team that has developed this from the very beginning. The development will go smoothly, all the gears will be working, and you will be helping to improve the parts that still need to be fine-tuned.
In six months you will be a key part of the team; an autonomous contributor who knows how to teamplay. Your feedback will have helped to change the quality of what we build.
How will you do it?
We are a data-intensive business, so there are a lot of integrations with third-party services and financial institutions. We have a relentless drive for clean, secure and well-tested code, which shows during code reviews, and whenever a change is approved it gets deployed automatically through our zero-downtime CI/CD pipeline.
The team is distributed across Barcelona and elsewhere in Spain. We encourage people to manage their own hours (flexibility is key) and, since we are doubling this team, we expect you to spend some time in our Barcelona office with the team and the rest of Novicapers 🙂 (we can tell you you’ll have fun!).
Who will you be working with?
You will report directly to the CTO; he has been here since the very beginning and he is a tech enthusiast. He expects you to add value so be prepared to give all the feedback needed! There are other 4 software engineers in the team already waiting for you to join with arms wide open.
What do we need from you?
You’ll need to have senior experience in Ruby on Rails.
You will also have production experience and the ability to get things done, actively considering the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection. This is possible by having an impact-driven mentality; you understand how your work impacts customers and coworkers.
You will put in place your problem solving skills, since our work often requires implementing unconventional solutions and, sometimes, you should be able to find non-engineering ways around the problem.
Last, but not least, being able to communicate in English is super important for us. We are a multicultural team and want everybody to feel comfortable and involved, so you should have a good level and be capable of giving feedback and gathering information from other departments and peers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary package, with a salary range starting at 40K rising all the way to >50K and above depending on your expertise
- You don’t live in Spain? No worries, we take care of your visa process to be able to work here
- A full-time, full remote position in which you would choose, with your team, when do you need to go to the office
- Take the opportunity to become one of the core developers of a fast-growing, profitable fintech company which has found product-market fit
- Amazing and highly-motivated colleagues to work with
- You’ll join us for our company-wide events and be able to meet the rest of the team that’s distributed in Spain
- Be part of our dynamic, international working environment, with a flat hierarchy and open communication between teams
- Communicate better with colleagues by joining free English or Spanish classes if you need them (although fluency in both is mandatory for this role)
- Flexible benefits with Cobee to spend on food, transport, childcare, and others
- Subsidized health insurance by Sanitas
- Subsidized gym subscription if you like sports (we also have a running club!)
- Library with plenty of books to choose from. If you can't find anything, let us know what you want and we will add it to the library!
- Free fruit, coffee and tea at the office. We know it’s common, but we like to take care of you anyway